Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Heeerrrre's Shawnee


Here's the whole story... 

I am South American, born in Bogota, Colombia. (year not listed on purpose) I was very lucky to have been adopted when I was 4 months old. I grew up in Oregon with amazing parents. I lived on a cattle farm and grew up having to work hard, but thankfully my parents knew how to have a good time and we played hard too. 

My senior year of high school was a tragic one. I lost the three most important men in my life in a matter of months. My step-dad and grandfather passed away in a car crash and three months later my father died of a heart attack. As hard as this was on me, it was devastating  my mother. After grieving for a long while she decided that she needed big change and that she was moving to Hawaii. I was in shock and didn't think this was the best idea. 
However I didn't have anywhere else to go, so we were off to Hawaii. 

Once we arrived it didn't take long for me to realize that moving to Hawaii is the best thing that ever happened to me. That was over 11 years ago and I still love it here. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful little girl and two awesome stepsons. I wake up everyday super grateful and hope the next 11 years are just as great! 

Shawnee 


No comments:

Post a Comment